Unemployment or underemployment often stands in the way of a life of greater independence, self-worth, full participation and sense of purpose. Our Job Readiness Program is a person-centered, work-based learning program affirming that all individuals have value to add and vital contributions to make in the building up of our communities and our world.
The mission of this program is to provide structured opportunities for adults with physical, cognitive, or developmental disabilities and other challenges to discover interests in agriculture, expand knowledge, gain experience, and develop skills that assist them as they explore the possibility of future employment.
The Job Readiness Program at Madison Fields offers six-week and eight-week sessions which meet twice weekly on Tuesday and Thursday from 10am-2pm. Throughout the session, participants learn soft skills like teamwork, communication, flexibility with tasks, problem-solving and self-management. These are skills that transfer to any job. In addition, participants will learn hard skills related to the following jobs:
- Equine Care – grooming, feeding, cleaning, paddock maintenance
- Barn Maintenance – sweeping, arena care
- Goat Care – milking, feeding, mucking, and soap making
- Chicken Care – feeding, cleaning, collecting eggs
At the conclusion of the session, participants who complete the program receive a Certificate of Completion and a full written progress report.
HOW TO ENROLL
- Contact our Program Director for openings (see below).
- Download and review the Job Readiness Program Manual. (Coming Soon!)
- Download and complete the Job Readiness Program Application.
- Contact our Program Director to schedule a intake evaluation and create a personalized plan.